A Whole BODY Focus…
👀 This is a reminder to LOOK out for your whole body!!!
When WE practice WE are MINDFULL!!! BODY FULL!!!
Individual poses: YES they have a focus point and/or a benefit in doing a particular pose, but that doesn’t mean that we let the rest of the body hang out!
In practice/classes and as we grow and learn the poses our awareness through our whole body develops. – AWAKENING!!!
WE give verbal cues to protect and align the poses and activate the whole body chain not just one particular area of the body: ie: cobra or up dog – we are opening up into a back bend, but we initiate other areas of the body to activate and support the body/spine and thereby protect the whole body in a pose.
As the sequences become more complex, we need to maintain our mindfulness and FOCUS in order to switch on and be aware of the chain/movement that is being activated. Then there is less chance of injury.
- Are we aware
- YOGA is a MINDFULL practice
- Are we breathing with the pose
- MIND, BODY and BREATHS moving as one -CONNECTION AND UNION
- Do we have our focus – not worrying about what our neighbour is or is not doing!
- FOCUS – Embodied
- DRISHTI – eyes are still and focused
YOGA is intuitive to the self, in it’s wisdom initially it was an individual practice handed from a student’s teacher to them individually to ensure they understand a pose and then when it is understood in the mind/body connection a new pose is then given/attempted!
PLEASE REMAIN MINDFUL IN YOUR MOVEMENTS – ON AND OFF THE MAT
- Where in life do we forget of where we are in time and space?
- Where do we collapse into tiredness and then tense/lock into areas to try and get through the day/activity?
- Where do we have lopsided activities either work/sport that activates only one side of our bodies causing Imbalances?
- What do we do to counter-balance that activity?
- When do we give ourselves time to balance out?
- How much time do we give to the re-balancing ???
SOME TIPS ON REMEMBERING TO RE-BALANCE AND ALIGN THROUGH OUR DAYS. Especially so important when we come to our mats to take that moment in the beginning of classes in Savasana – to get in touch, be in the moment and connect!
Subscribe to our newsletter for more great yoga advice and inspiration.
Stay on track with your personal yoga journey. Our newsletter is all about providing you with inspiration and advice to encourage motivation, improve techniques and help you get the most out of your yoga practice.